Here is the recipe for the delicious Tomato Soup served at our recent Soup Lunch on Valentine’s Day 2020.
‘Love Apple’ Soup.
Will serve 4 people.
- 2 large Carrots diced
- 1 stick of Celery diced
- 2 large Potatoes diced
- 1/2 Onion roughly chopped
- 1 tin of chopped Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Vegetable Stock cubes
- teaspoon of Cooking Oil
- Cook the onion slowly in the oil until soft
- Add the celery, carrots and potatoes, along with the chopped tomatoes.
- Add enough water to just cover the ingredients
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender
- Blend until the soup is smooth
- Serve with warmed bread