Gill Chapman has sent us this delicious apple and amaretti tart to try.
- For the base:
- 110g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 50g butter at room temperature
- 50g castor sugar
- 40g amaretti biscuits (about 8) crushed fairly small
- For the topping:
- 700g even sized Bramley apples
- 10g castor sugar
- half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 25g butter, melted.
- Preheat oven gas Mark 6 or 200C.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch loose bottomed flan tin.
- For the Base, sift flour and salt into bowl.
- Rub in the butter until like breadcrumbs, stir in sugar and biscuit crumbs
- Press this mixture firmly into prepared tin
- For the Topping, peel, quarter and core the apples.
- Take an apple quarter and slice it finely, holding the slices together as you cut.
- Repeat with the rest of the apples.
- Then take a section and by pushing down fan the slices out slightly and arrange these on top of the crumble base close together.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl
- Brush the tart generously with the melted butter then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the top.
- Bake on high shelf 35-40 mins until the apples are tender and tinged brown at the edges
- Allow to cool in the tin, then serve at room temperature