Kate has sent in our first recipe of the month for 2018. She says that this recipe for Custard Biscuits is loosely based on one that her mother used during the war time when supplies were rationed and so limited that lard had to be used. It is a firm family favourite both for eating and making by grandchildren. We hope that you will enjoy making these biscuits too!
Cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes
- 6ozs or 170g Softened Butter or Marg
- 3ozs or 85g Icing Sugar
- 8ozs or 227g Plain Flour
- 3oz or 85g Custard Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence
- Glace cherries/ icing sugar/ butter cream to decorate.
- Preheat the oven to : Gas mark 4 or 180c or 160c fan oven.
- Mix all ingredients well together
- Roll into small mounds
- Place on a baking tray and flatten with a moistened fork
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes
- The biscuits can then be decorated by adding a cherry to the centre or by sprinkling with icing sugar or by sandwiching together in pairs with butter icing.