For those of you that attended our Winter Warmer lunch at the end of January here is the recipe of that soup somewhat scaled down to make a more sensible quantity.
Winter Warmer Lunch – Leek and Potato Soup.
Will serve 4 to 6 people
Preparation and cooking time: 45 to 60 minutes.
- 10oz or 280g Prepared and thinly sliced Leeks
- 8oz or 224g Peeled and cubed Potatoes
- 1/2 diced Onion
- 1/2oz or 14g Butter
- 1/4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3/4 pint or 426ml Vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube
- 1/4 pint or 140ml Milk
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to season as required
- Sautee leeks and onion in the butter and oil until soft and translucent.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients apart from the milk.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 30 mins until the potato is soft and cooked.
- Add the milk and cook for a further 3 to 4 mins.
- Cool the soup.
- Blitz with a stick blender or puree in a liquidizer or food processor.
- Add seasoning if needed.
- Serve with a thick slice of your favourite bread.