This recipe from Barbara is a quick and easy mayonnaise that lasts about a week in the fridge.
Quick and Easy Mayonnaise.
You need a stick blender plus the jug it came with (or a narrow jug)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- 240 ml oil (not olive as it is too heavy)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place egg carefully in bottom of jug together with mustard, s & p.
- Pour in the oil and allow to settle for a few seconds.
- Place blender over the egg, make sure to include unbroken yolk and blitz for about 10 seconds, you should be able to see mayo forming.
- After 10 secs slowly lift blender to the top and then slowly down again. Repeat until all the oil is incorporated and mayo is required consistency.
- Any seasonings you want can be added i.e. crushed garlic, lemon zest etc
Barbara says that she ‘was amazed when I first made it, but Mr. Hellman’s will have to do without my trade in future!’