Gill Chapman has sent us in her recipe for amaretti biscuits that have a crisp outer layer and then a delicious macaroon softness inside.
- 200g Ground Almonds
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- Icing sugar to coat
- Preheat the oven to 160c, 140c Fan or Gas Mark 3
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- Add and fold in the ground almonds, caster sugar and almond extract to form a thick paste
- Take out a dessert spoonful and roll into a ball
- Roll each ball in the icing sugar to coat
- Place on the baking tray
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes
- Enjoy !