Each year any member has the opportunity to be proposed to serve on the committee. Members attending the AGM in October then vote for new committee members and to re-elect those who wish to remain on the committee. A President is then elected by the membership from those on the committee.
On October 8th 2021 we held our AGM. Our previous President and both Vice Presidents stood down from the committee and Julie Andrews was elected as our new President. Mary Hunter will be our Secretary, with Daphne Gazeley becoming Treasurer and Gill Roffey Vice President.
We are very pleased to welcome both Romany Cowans and Barbara Buckie as new committee members.
Photo left to right Barbara Buckie, Elisa Croucher, Lynda Daly, Gill Chapman Romany Cowans and in front Gill Roffey
- President: Julie Andrews
- I oversee the day to day running and future planning for our WI. I conduct both the Committee and Monthly meetings. I have the responsibility of making final decisions on matters arising both from the Committee and the Monthly meetings.
- At the moment I am also the Webmaster, MCS rep and Membership Secretary
- Vice President: Gill Roffey
- My role is to support the President, to offer any advice needed from my previous experience as a President and to run the monthly meeting and committee meetings in her absence.
- Secretary: Mary Hunter
- I write the minutes and agenda for both Committee & Monthly meetings. I receive and relay all the information cascaded down from WI National Office each month to the Committee and members. I correspond with the EKF and other bodies about all the monthly admin and various events and make the bookings for the Lads’ Club.
- Treasurer: Daphne Gazeley – Assistant Lynda Daly
- My role is to manage the finance of our WI. I prepare the annual budget and make sure that at the end of year our account is balanced, approved by a W.I. examiner and presented to the members. I produce a financial statement at each meeting and ensure that all income is banked, receipts are filed, cheques issued, insurances, rents and subscriptions etc are paid.
- Refreshments Officers : Elisa Croucher and Gill Chapman
- We are responsible for organising the refreshments at the monthly WI meetings and for booking and supporting the Hostesses at those meetings. We also organise and run any other food events that Castle Green takes part in eg Christmas refreshments.
- Speakers: Jackie Vickerman
- My role, with input from other members, is to select the speakers for some of our Monthly meetings. I then contact each speaker to make a firm booking and help to produce the programme for the following year. I am the point of contact for the speaker and will either meet and greet them when they arrive to give their talk or arrange for that to be done. I also arrange the vote of thanks rota .
- Committee members: Romany Cowans and Barbara Buckie
- As well as being available for adhoc jobs Romany takes the register at monthly meetings and Barbara organises the Sales table.